Greetings.

I have received a request for help:

"It seems that in a lot of extant garments, the protein fibers
(wool and silk) have survived, while the plant fibers have not.  We can only
speculate that linen thread was used because there are stitching holes and
no thread (and it seems unlikely that they would have pulled the silk or
wool sewing thread out before tossing the rest in the trash).  I was hoping
you might be able to help me find some sort of documentation that I can use
as a reference that explains how this works?  It doesn't have to be overly
technical."

Right now I cannot get to my books and my brain is not working...so I'm turning to the best group of costuming/clothing/historians that I can think of. Can any of you help, please?

Thanks so much.

kate
Outgoing email scanned by Norton AntiVirus