> I had one of those neat synchronicity moments recently: I thought to
myself,
> "Huh! I bet you could make an iridescent with more than just 2 colors.
Why
> don't they?" and the next day, I picked up a fabric order that included
some
> iridescent silk taffeta, which to my surprised delight was a _3_ color
> iridescent. It looked taupe, but was actually pink and green weft on black
> warp. Very cool!

Yep:) In fact I believe this is true irridescent fabric rather than simply
shot or two tone.

> Anyway, the whole thing has gotten me wondering: how practical is it to
make
> 3+ color iridescents?  Are they as uncommon as I think?  Are there any
> weavers on here who can expound on them?

I had seen soem mentioned on a website and then lo and behold within a few
weeks I handled some in person at a local trade type store. It was red and
green and another colour I can't remember, but I was able to pick out a
thread of each colour so it wasn't just a trick of the light. It's

> (would commit minor mayhem for a freakin' copper/purple or copper/teal
> taffeta, or best of all, a copper/teal/purple!)

I am just on the hunt locally for simple green and black! Screes of red and
black or rust and black or muddy grey and orange... but not green and black!

Michaela
http://glittersweet.com