Glenda Robinson wrote:
Not my period either, but I find it amusing they've had to use intensive laser scanning to detect something I (and I suppose most others here) could see just by looking at a photograph in a book. I never realised 'no-one' had seen it. It's quite obvious around her hairline.

They're not talking about the veil on her head.

They are claiming to have discovered a gauzy veil over her clothing, it's been called an 'overdress' in a few of the articles. It's so transparently painted that it's disappeared under the layer of varnish and grime on the canvas.

Dawn