From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bjarne og Leif Drews
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:42 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] dress type

Hi,
This is excactly what there are not. No patterns of such a dress.
Because the dress only consist of one skirt, i wonder how the skirt would be

attached to the bodice.
Could it be that the whole front skirt was put to some tape ties, where it
would be attached to the back of the skirt at the middle of the bodice, and
then the pointed bodice would be pinned in the front over the skirt?
What i would be very interrested in was how the cut would have ben like in
the back, perhaps the fourreau style or the mantua style with sewn down
pleats?
It is strange that all costume historians leaved this type out, because it
surely was very popular, also in Denmark.
Besides its not as much fabric consuming as a francaise is or anglaise for
that matter, because it only has one skirt.
Bjarne