Ok, then, what is a gusset?

>From what I've learned over the years and confirmed by looking a the
following definitions, "Gore" and "Godet" are pretty much the same, with
the godet being specifically that triangular piece which extends upward
from the hem to add fullness to a skirt, and a gore being that or also a
trapezoidal or tapering shape that functions the same way and possibly
extending higher than just the waist/hip area. A gusset is that
triangle, diamond or other shape that we add into the underarm and thigh
areas to give us more room where it is needed, and is sewn in on all
sides. The first two are only sewn on 2 sides.
*****
Gore (gôr, gr)
n.
1. A triangular or tapering piece of cloth forming a part of something,
as in a skirt or sail.
2. A small triangular piece of land.
tr.v. gored, gor·ing, gores
1. To provide with a gore.
2. To cut into a gore.

[Middle English, from Old English gra, triangular piece of land.]

*****
Godet
go·det  (g-dt)
n.
A triangular piece of fabric usually set into the hem of a garment to
add fullness.

[French, goblet, godet, from Middle Dutch codde, cylindrical piece of
wood.]

*****
Gusset
gus·set  (gst)
n.
1. A triangular insert, as in the seam of a garment, for added strength
or expansion.
2. A triangular metal bracket used to strengthen a joist.
3. A piece of mail or plate armor protecting the joints in a suit of
armor.

[Middle English, from Old French gousset, perhaps diminutive of gousse,
pod, husk.]

::Linda::
info taken from www.thefreedictionary.com