----- Original Message ----
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 http://www.renaissancewoman.net/realmofvenus/wardrobe/Dance1565.jpg

You know, it looks to me like the dress in question has a sheer overlay on the skirt--look at the bottom there. What's more, it kind of looks like the stripe might be in the overlay itself: a sheer purple and white stripe overlaying a gold-colored skirt. Or, a gold-colored skirt with a purple overlay that's pleated in such a way that where it folds over, you get several layers of the sheer purple at regular intervals and therefore the effect of a stripe. (Not that I don't think they used stripes, as stripes are pretty easy to find elsewhere.)

Is it just me, or does anyone else see that?

-E House