> Any body know where I can look for images of German (or surrounding areas)
> lower to middle classes -- also military and mental wards?  Doing a
> production of "Woyzeck" by Beuchner (died 1836) and the director would
> like
> to use this time frame but we seem to find mostly upper class.

Have you tried looking at the paintings of Bruegel?  He painted some
lovely peasant scenes.  I think he is Dutch but it is in the surrounding
area.  Also, the woodcuts of Durer might have some ideas for you also (he
was German).

Good luck!

Diana

--
www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"

"Become the change you want to see in the world."
--Ghandi