Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:06 PM
Subject: [h-cost] French Farthingale construction tips?

Hi all, as you may know already, I am re-creating this gown for the Phoenix Art Museum. http://tinyurl.com/y6phle<http://tinyurl.com/y6phle> I think the bolster type French Farthingale would be most appropriate - ( like those in the oft sited French Dutch caricature). Have any of you constructed this type? How did you approach it?

I started with a softly stuffed tube which gave a reasonable silhouette, but I'd like to hear what you have been successful with.

Robin? I know you have done this - but didn't see any construction details in your posts.

Thanks,

Sg