Do you know how it is when you know the post wil come to you today with a packet of things you have longed for a long time? I have it like that today. Awaiting a large packet with cotton laces from a scottish lace factory. I have ordered home for more than 700 pounds sterling and i cant get much made today. And then the work you have to do is so tedious and uninterresting. Marking in the rows for crinoline steel in a hoop. This time i want to try and make the hoop with padded panels along the top bones, in order to keep the tension of the side extensions nice and smooth for the skirts. I have looked very close after a fashion print of Galleries des Modes where a millinery lady is delivering goods, amungst other things a hoop wich she carries under her arms. Also the small hoop from V&A has padding, so i guess its ok to do it.
When i get my laces, i think i am going to explode of excitement.

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/