Dear Bjarne
.
>This time i want to try and make the hoop with padded panels along the top
>bones, in order to keep the tension of the side extensions nice and smooth
>for the skirts.
>I have looked very close after a fashion print of Galleries des Modes where
>a millinery lady is delivering goods, amungst other things a hoop wich she
>carries under her arms. Also the small hoop from V&A has padding, so i guess
>its ok to do it.

Is this on 18C panier? I am intrigued - I am going to make a toile of the
french 'panier' shown in Waugh, where she shows two panels (which I presume are
the same for front and back) then a sort of triangle which gets made into the
waist ties... It's not very clear but she doesn't mention padding! It would
make sense though, to keep the sides smooth as you say.

>When i get my laces, i think i am going to explode of excitement.

>From here in Scotland? Oo - do post a picture when they arrive, it sounds very
>exciting and today we have snow and rain, so it needs brightening up with
>something pretty!

p.s. I am going to buy the red brocade with silver motifs :-)