Even the captions on the pictures are English and Italian. The only drawback
on the book is no index.
Monica

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Marie Stewart
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 8:04 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] Moda a Firenze arrived

Pretty much the subject line says it all.  My copy arrived yesterday.

Funny story, and no cause for alarm...

I immediately flipped through it and it is stunning.  I sat down and
opened it to the introduction and started to read the Italian... I had
thought it was supposed to be in English but, ah well.  I know enough
to get the gist of things without a dictionary...  so I slogged
through the Preface.  And as I sat there debating the meaning of a
phrase my husband came in and asked what I was reading.  With
excitement I showed him my spiffy new book, and mentioned that my
Italian was just a bit too rusty to really get the exact meaning
without my dictionary... so I went to the shelf to fetch it while
husband perused the book.  He was smirking when I came back, and took
the dictionary as I returned to the couch.  He handed me the book -
open to the first page, and said "I don't think you'll be needing
this" as he took the dictionary.

"Wha????"  And then I saw that the text is indeed in English side by
side with the Italian... just not in the Preface.

D'oh.  But I'm loving it.

Mari