Quoting Sylvia Rognstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I try to make capes the same distance from the floor all the way
> around.  Time consuming, I know, because you have to measure it all
> around with the person wearing it.  And the problem is that when
> wearing it later, it shifts around.

...which is why I don't bother with an ankle-length cloak.  Because it will be
shifting when worn, it's futile to try make the hem a consistant length from the
floor.  I generally assume that nobody will be looking that closely at the
cloak's hem.  For a shorter cloak, I *would* take the time to even out the hem,
but there's much less fabric to swing into the wrong place in that case.

Emma