In a message dated 4/10/2007 7:28:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If you  are making box pleats, Hunnisett says that you should use 3
times the  length, I.5 to 2 times is for gathers.

Yes, as you already know, I'm sure, 3 times the length for full-return
pleats. But some trims are not full-return and have a "skimpy"...but desirable
lighter look. I'd do a little experiment with a length to see what you  like.

On "Last of the Mohicans" the cutter of Madeline Stowe's gown told me it's
better not to sew the lengths cut for the pleating together but to disguise
the separate sections in the pleating as you sew it to the gown...y'know, end
one length with the edge folded under at a pleat and the edge of the next
length slipped under that....then start pleating  again.