To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:25 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Christian VII's banyan,Was: Elegant courtlife of Frederik V

What is this banyan thing Bjarne? I have only seen it in context of a particular type of cloak. ----- Original Message ----- From: Bjarne og Leif Drews<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:32 AM
 Subject: [h-cost] Elegant courtlife of Frederik V
 >snip

 I saw Christian VII's banyan, wich was a love affair to me, made in floral
brokade, but the flowers was not in colloured threads, in stead the flowers
 was painted after the fabric had ben wowen. It has a japanese cut, very
 simple, but have european style with collar and belt and pockets. Belt is
 sewn to the back and buttons with 2 buttons center front.
 If i had somewhere to wear such a thing, i would make it!
 >snip
 Bjarne

 Leif og Bjarne Drews
 www.my-drewscostumes.dk<http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/>