To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:58 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Re: h-costume Digest, Vol 6, Issue 160

My daughter does as authentic as I can convince her to. :-) I even make her jewellry to make sure it all looks right. (except for the tiara in this photo set, she thought she should have a proper tiara befitting a princess. :-) ) Just because it's fun to think Bjarne might get all weak at the knees over the stuff I make just because it's on my little one *grin*, here's my little girl's Christmas concert dress this past winter, based roughly on Bia De Medici and some Disney Princess thrown in to make her giddy. :-) There are proper sleeves to tie onto the puffs, but they were just a little long at the time and were annoying her, so we took them off.
http://picasaweb.google.com/49victor/2006ChristmasConcert

She has a pretty convincing little Norse kit as well that she likes because she can grub out in it - its all wool and linen so it washes without trouble.

Kathy

Ermine, a lion rampant tail nowed gules charged on the shoulder with a rose Or barbed, seeded, slipped and leaved vert
(Fieldless) On a rose Or barbed vert a lion's head erased gules.

It’s never too late to be who you might have been.
-George Eliot
Tosach eólais imchomarc. - Questioning is the beginning of knowledge. http://www.sengoidelc.com/node/131

There is nothing like a child in period costume. I get weak in my knees,
every time i see it. And if i had children, they would have loads of
costumes i had made for them.

Bjarne