----- Original Message -----
Actually, Sharon, none of the costumes were authentic in that film. I'm not
sure what you are saying it's a great example of. Personally, I loved the
costumes -- they had the FEEL of the historic period, while they were done
in all sorts of weird fabrics, etc. I loved that whole "Breakfast at
Tiffany's" outfit, and I know exactly which paintings inspired it!

Many of the peasant/tournament audience member extras who were on screen for a brief flash were definitely accuracy-minded reenactors. Not from the right period, from what I remember, but at least accurate for _a_ period.

Having never seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's," which outfit was that? and which painting?

-E House