This was my problem with the latest Marie Antionette. The women's hair in general was way off. The film people seem to make decisions of Costume that must bow to present aesthitcs...that, and the need to use modern music in case the viewers might have missed a contemporary mood/thought about MA being a Modern woman.

Kathleen

From: "Sharon Collier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Historical Costume'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 3:00 PM
Subject: RE: [h-cost] Re: Theater vs. Historic

I think what really bothers me is when some costumes are authentic or at
least close and others are so far off as to be "fantasy". The mens' costumes
in The Tudors look close, but the women's, with the loose hair, bare
arms/shoulders, are further out. To me, they don't match stylistically and
that jars.