I make costume for a living too...

historical stuff for museums and re-enactors mostly - odd bit of tv chucked
in - I also make bridal and evening wear, etc.  oh, and have my first  british
army commision as a tailor now, so most definitely full time   :o)

debbie

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>2  months is an impressively short amount of time for such a  project!
>
> I get the sense from messages I have read that most  folks on this list do
> not make/study/write about historical clothing  for a living.  Is this
> true?
> If so, what do you all do  to fund your need to build historical clothing?
>
> I am an  attorney by day but I am fascinated with all types of historical
>  clothing from about the 15th century through the 19th.  Someday I will
> focus
> on one time period but I haven't yet.
>
>  Jennifer

I make costumes, mostly for reenactors, but I do a few  theatrical
productions, too.

Melusine