A. Thurman wrote:
Has anyone else tried the headrail arrangement described in the "Tudor
Tailor" (p. 144)? I've got my yard of linen but can't make it quite
"go" - the back bunches up and I have no idea where the long ends of
the triangle can tuck under.

You have the square on your head with the fold pinned at your forehead...

The short end of the triangle at the back of your neck gets folded up under the part that drapes over the top of your head. At this point you have a trapezoid \___/ on your head.

The long ends on each side get crossed in the back and wrapped around to the front of your head where they tie. Tuck the ends under the part you wrapped around your head, at about your temples.

Dawn