At 21:34 05/07/2007, you wrote:
Nice.
Someone may have already suggested it but how about some small lace along
the edge as an option? metallic?
Or combine the split and gold lace?

I have some gold/crimson/blue brocade left from the underskirt which will edge inside the sleeve, plus whatever is left of the 50 metres of gold braid/lace which I am sewing to the crimson/blue shot taffeta of the skirt, bodice and sleeves - this will shine, you can be sure of that!!

De
whose brain this week seems to be in first gear and slips into neutral
periodically.