When I was a child, my mom didn't have a steam iron. She'd take the
clothes out of the washing machine and put them into a large
heavy-duty plastic bag in the refrigerator until she could get to the
ironing, usually after we all went to school the next day.

I had a lot of linen to iron recently, did NOT do this (I was
traveling) and spent 3 1/2 hour ironing 10+ yards of linen just smooth
enough to cut out. When these shirts are finished, I'll have to get
them wet to iron them because steam irons just won't work well on
their own with linen. But I don't have a Rowenta with the extra tank
for the heavy steam.

LynnD