So what is Demara sugar anyway? Sugar in the Raw is cane sugar from Hawaii
that is not as refined as white sugar...so has some molasses still in it. Is
Demara like granulated jaggery?...which is also made from cane I think. There's
 another Indian sugar made from dates or something like that. What is it
called?  Sur? or Siir? Gur?

Can you starch a ruff with any of this? [trying to tie it into costuming,
y'know....]

BTW, you can get jaggery on Amazon.com. I was gonna make chikki [sesame
brittle] one Christmas, but never did. Hmmmm...Maybe this year.
Demara sugar is also available at Amazon I see...in cubes and in a 1lb  bag.