Quoting Eva Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Dawn said:

However, one of the pieces they reference might be. There's an
embroidered jacket in the Boston MFA, done in silver and gold thread
instead of multicolored, believed to have belonged to Elizabeth I. I
remember seeing it several times when I was a student there.
Unfortunately, I have never found a picture of it, in any book or
online, since. I wonder if it is even still on display, given that it
was 20 years ago. It was exquisite, and so tiny, looked like it was made
for a 12 year old girl.

I'm quite positive that one is shown in Blanche Payne's: "History of
Costume" from 1965. Including a pattern diagram.
But I may be remembering totally wrong of course.

Blanche calls it a doublet. Pattern #4, page 543. Figure #334 -- only shows the back. "Courtesy the "Elizabeth Day McCormick Collection") -- no other accession/item number.

Text: "The Boston Museum of Fine Arts is the proud possessor of the golden doublet presented to Elizabeth about 1578 (Fig. 334 and Draft 4). The fabric of the doublet is fine, firm white linen, obviously from the loom of a superior weaver. The surface is covered with gold and silver embroidery in an endless scroll design enclosing a stylized flower. The background is thiclky sewed with minute gold sequins. Gold lace finishes the lower edge. The doublet is breathtaking in its gleaming splendor and awe-inspiring in its historical implications. Almost 400 years old, it is in near-perfect condition, a real sixteenth-century masterpiece. Actual measurements of the doublet indicate that the queen was a small person but her grand manner left no such impression." (p. 315).

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]