On Oct 4, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Lavolta Press wrote:
I'm sorry, but the UT test is not the only available information on copyright. I am not obligated to consider it so. Why do you not instead read circular 29, or Richard Stim's _Getting Permission_?

Because I brought the analysis to the table, I said that it was the foundation of my example, and you're taking the lazy way out by not arguing on the points and positions.

And I can't read US Copyright Office Circular 29. Go to <http:// www.copyright.gov/circs/> and you'll see it doesn't exist (I'm assuming this is an "anymore" situation, and it's been withdrawn). There is factsheet 102 <http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html> that provides an incredibly bare-bones analysis of Fair Use and references Section 107 of the Copyright act <http://www.copyright.gov/ title17/92chap1.html#107> (sections 107-118 limit a copyright holder's rights).

andy