There is a caraco in Patterns of Fashion, and I think it's similar,
without pleats or maybe it has minimal pleats.

     If she made the pattern herself, then perhaps she has a preference.
Maybe she took it from an original.  Either way, if you're making the
jacket for her you can ask about the design and whether she wants it
to be changed.

     -Carol