So how does one buy this book???? Author, publisher, etc.?

Ann Wass

-----Original Message-----
From: Zuzana Kraemerova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: h-costume <h-costume@mail.indra.com>
Sent: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 1:42 pm
Subject: [h-cost] Rundschau Historische Schnitte HaKa (men)

Hi!

I've just received my copy of this book, so just a few information:

It has some few patterns on renaissance doublets, cape, and hosen. Then it has
few good-looking patterns for 18th century waistcoats and jackets and then
many,
many garments from the 19th century, coats, trousers and anything one would
like
to make. And many military garments, napoleon wars and younger.

So, mainly for the 19th-century enthusiasists, though I found it very helpful
for drafting men's fitted garments. The 16th century doublet pattern may be
easily variated to earlier garments from the medieval period. The most fitted
garments here are the waistcoats. They're also helpful, you just have to
remember that the armhole and shoulder bit is enlarged. So when adding sleeves,
make this part as in another pattern with sleeves. The patterns are very
similar, so I think you can use incorporate more patterns in one.

The good thing is that you won't need any basics for understanding. All slopers
are explained. You'll only need to know how the measurements are called in
English. Which is no problem if you write to the list:-)

The shipping to EU could be about 12 euros, I think. But I have no Idea how
much
it is for America...

Zuzana