From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Dawn
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:49 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 1620's question

Rebecca Schmitt wrote:
> Well, Thanksgiving is coming up, and I have a question....
>
> My husband and I may have the chance to do a reading of the original
> Thanksgiving proclamation at our church on Thanksgiving, and thought it
> would be fun to dress the part.

Have a look at the Plimouth Plantation site: http://www.plimoth.org/

There are lots of photos of costumed interpreters to draw inspiration
from. They've done a good job with the research and the clothing from
the time period -- clothing worn by the settlers as opposed to the folks
home in London. Somewhere they used to have a section on the clothing,
but they've redone the site *again*, and I can't find it now.

Dawn