From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of LLOYD MITCHELL
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:10 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] "wax" orange blossoms

If you look at old photos of the turn of the century(20th) you will see some

wedding gowns that were 'sprigged' with "orange blossoms" for a wedding;
these trims were then removed (and saved?), so that all such trims might not

have been used for the headpiece.
Your treasure trove gives me some evidence that the florals might have been
faux...at least for the middle class.

Thanks for the contribution.
Kathleen