From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Abel, Cynthia
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:27 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: [h-cost] Blood off fabric

 If the blood is fresh and scant, spit sometimes works on cotton and
linen. However it can still stain. I'm sure we've all experienced this
doing embrodiery or handsewing a seam.

Some Victorian and Edwardian books on household remedies do include
natural cleaning remedies. I've heard of vinager and baking soda having
some effect, but it might harm even colorfast fabrics.

Cindy Abel