In a message dated 1/16/2008 5:09:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I must  say the Green dress with the matching corset is also
very nice. Is that an  1860 period gown?

The lady sitting next to you also has a nice dress  on, would a hoop be a
suitable addition for it?

I believe the green you refer to was an interpretation of 18th century, not
mid-19th and what looks like a corset is her stomacher.  Not sure which  other
dress you mean that could use a hoop.  Almost everyone else was  wearing
early 19th century, so no hoops.  Of course, for those who are more  en bon
point,
as the Lady of Distinction said, our skirts are a little fuller  and not so
tubular looking.  I wear a fairly narrow petticoat, but with a  corded hem,
under mine, similar to the one in Cunnington's "History of  Underwear."

Riversdale, I should have said, is a Federal era house, built circa
1801-1807, and we primarily interpret the period prior to 1821, but we are
flexible
and welcome people dressed in other eras, even 21st century!

We are in Riverdale Park, Maryland, in the suburbs of Washington, DC.   If
you are going to be in the area, please check us out.  For more  information,
visit our website,
_http://www.pgparks.com/places/eleganthistoric/riversdale_intro.html_
(http://www.pgparks.com/places/eleganthistoric/riversdale_intro.html)

Thanks, all, for your interest.