[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
     I belong to some period-specific lists, and I plan to stay on this
one as well.

     Although it covers time periods and places that I'm not doing,
h-Costume keeps me in touch with a larger group of people who are
like-minded.

I've joined a number of period specific lists and find I'm not getting much out of them. Traffic is light and it can be weeks between posts, and the general level of knowledge is pretty low. I know all groups aren't like that ( I hope!) but the ones I joined are. I much prefer H-Cost with the rich variety of discussion and the cross pollination of topics. I only recreate a few historic eras but I enjoy reading about the others.

Dawn