To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:43 AM
Subject: RE: [h-cost] Maria Teresa

This portrait?
http://tinyurl.com/39vwbp
or
http://www.brukenthalmuseum.ro/de/ev_barocke_sammellust/39.php
http://tinyurl.com/2wjr2t
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Martin_van_Meytens_001.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Queen_Maria_Theresia.jpg

-----Original Message-----
Questions re my ongoing project of H-costume in minature: I have a quest to
interpret Maria Teresa coronation gown;.Time: 1740
Books before me: Imperial Style: fashions of the Hapsburg era, #91
Is this gown a velvet 'robe Anglaise' with mantua of silk or is the silk
piece a shawl/wrap?
or (2) a gown of two pieces with stomacher and 'coat' or shawl

What is the color scheme? (My resource is in black and white)

I have found the sleeve in "Art of Costume in Russia", plate referance #13

For any one who might have this portrait in color...painted by/ or of the
studio of Marten von Meytens.
Thanks
Kathleen (Who hasn't told Queen Maud that she has another commission!)