> Not to glory in your pain, but I'm very relieved to hear this--the
husband
> and I recently decided for sure NOT to move to WA (going to NH
instead!)
> and
> we both get pressure/weather migraines.  Sour grapes and all, but I'm
glad
> to have one less reason not to regret our decision!
>
> -E
> PS--anyone have any suggestions for costume or museum related
destinations
> in the northeast?

Where in NH?

Boston's Museum of Fine Arts has a costume collection, lots of small
historical societies (we're filthy with them up here) have them too...
Old York Historical in York, ME, several of the historic houses in
Portsmouth, NH... The university museum here at Univ. of NH (sadly, NOT
the museum -I- work for...though I get to play sometimes...I make museum
mannequins on the side...) has a small collection. Peabody-Essex Museum
in Salem, MA... Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk, ME... Dartmouth has a
collection too, I believe... NH Historical Society in Concord, NH
Not a lot of places will have things on display, but most will let you
in to look if you're researching something or ask.

Astrida
Astrida Schaeffer, Assistant Director
Museum of Art, University of New Hampshire
Paul Creative Arts Center
30 College Road
Durham, NH 03824-3538
603-862-0310