Fran writes:

But I  could do the downloads myself, right?  As I do for the s/w on my
computer. I see what you mean about local tech support though, as
there's always some chance, however small, of getting a defective
machine or otherwise having technical problems.

BTW, are their  "embroidery sticks" machine-specific in any way, or can
you use any  computer data stick/flash drive?

Yes, you can do the downloads yourself.  The machine (SE) comes with a  USB
cable to connect the machine with the computer as well as the software to  set
up the connection.

HV has a listing of which sticks are compatible on their website.   There
have been some issues with compatibility in the past, so you do need to  pay
attention.

It depends on the individual dealer as to when machines go on sale.   One of
the best times to buy is when they have an all day class where they  bring in
a lot of machines and let people take the class using the  machine.  I had
already bought my machine, and was depressed when I heard  what the sale price
was on the demo machines.  At this time it depends on  how soon you want a
machine - for the new TOL I would expect to see a price  somewhere in the $7500
-
8200 ball park (and I may be completely wrong).

I generally don't care much for the HV designs, although occasionally there
are some nice ones.  They tend to be pricey relative to the  competition.  If
you get a machine I would recommend looking at Embroidery  Library.  They have
attractive, well-digitized designs, and they run sales  fairly frequently.
To bring it back to a historic perspective, they have  some nice blackwork and
Jacobean designs (although they're getting a bit far out  of typical Jacobean
patterns based on their latest Jacobean sea  creatures).

Hope that helps,

Nancy

favorites at AOL Food.