On 11 May 2008, Suzi Clarke wrote:

> I am fascinated by the fact that some people have many machines. I
> have only two plus a serger, and I sew professionally. I only need
> one, as long as it works - the other is in case anything goes wrong
> with the main machine.
>
> So why do people have so many? Do you not trade in the old one when
> buying a new one, which is what I do? Do you have machines that do
> different things?

My wife and I share two machines and a serger.  The theory is that the
fancy embroidery machine is used for fancy embroidery and as a backup,
while the simpler machine is used for most sewing to keep the mileage
off the expensive one.  Both are Husqvarnas, so they share feet, bobbins,
etc.

-- Chris Bertani
www.goblinrevolution.org/costumes