Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:52:22 -0700
From: Maggie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [h-cost] A compendium of Elizabethan knowledge
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

June 26, 2008 (Los Angeles, CA) Did you know that the first shopping
mall was opened in London in 1571? That in 16th century England, gifts
were given on New Year's Day but not on Christmas? That beer could be
flavored with anything from pepper to lupins? All this and more can be
found in Maggie Secara's A COMPENDIUM OF COMMON KNOWLEDGE 1558-1603
(210 pps, trade paperback, $19.95)

The Compendium website at www.elizabethan.org has long been the go-to
website for authors, students, actors, re-enactors, and Elizabethan
enthusiasts of all kinds. Now in paperback from Popinjay Press, anyone
can have the Compendium on hand wherever they go!