> Does anyone know of a commercial source for actual net
> crespines, as opposed
> to the crocheted ones?
> Thanks,
> Joan

I don't know of a commercial source either thought I have noted that some
basketball nets have the right sort of knot. :)

I'll second the comments on learning to make the nets. It is easy once your
learn how and have a good anchor to pull from. I learned from this lady
http://wedcraft.com/netting.html
I took one of her hands on classes and with a bit of practice got the hang of
it. I think the handout is good (the first link.) She also lists several other
very good sources for learning about netting.

Cheers,
Mary