> I've been cleaning/reorganizing my sewing area, and have found myself
wondering just how small a piece of fabric is useful.  ...

>I'm curious how other people on this list use smaller pieces of
fabric. I'll admit it, I'm looking to steal ideas. Since most of the
fabrics are brocades and damasks, I have a strongly 16th Century
inclination. I'd love to see uses in other periods for other fabrics.

Emma,
I'm a quilter when I'm not a costumer or a miliner.  Cotton quilts,
wool scrap over the back of the couch quilts, silk crazy quilts... if
it's too small for a hat lining.  I'm working on quilt #43 now.  For
some reason, all the linen gets used up. so no linen quilts.

Fun question!
--cin