On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:00 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am working on history of fashion designers from the early 20th Century and
> have a few questions.
>
> Paquin:
> I have that Mme Paquin business was from 1891-1956.  Does anyone know her
> first name?  I can't find it in my resources.   Also I have come across some
> French images in 1919 for a Joseph Paquin.  Would Joseph be a relative
> working under Mme Paquin's label or house?

Mme Jeanne Paquin & the biz was open 1891-1954 according to "Fashion".
Georges Barbier did a bunch of Paquin illustrations.

> Lady Duff Gordon:  Did she go by several names.  I have in 1907 an
> illustrator and designer named Lucy and in the 1910s Lucille.  Could this be
> Lady Duff Gordon?

Close, Lady Duff Gordon's label read "Lucile" or "Lucille".

> Can anyone suggest a book that would include lesser known designers from
> pre-1930s?  I have a lot of designer images without an information about
> their business.

Kyoto Costume Museum has a lovely publication called "Fashion: A
History from the 18th to the 20th century"  with brief bios and
usually one representational photo of a signature work.  I doubt it's
as much info as you want.  One page per just isnt very much detail.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]