I have not tried this on cloth of silver, but I have used it to clean other silver things--those "magic" silver cleaners are blocks of aluminum that you put in water with a 1:1 solution of baking soda and salt. It really does work, and then if you rinsed the cloth with a weak vinegar solution to restore the acid balance of the silk it should probably be ok without having to rub the cloth at all.

Jen