These are from two different manuscript copies (the BNE Ms. francais 854 Chansonnier provencal "I" and the BNE Ms. francais 12473 Chansonnier provencal "K".. from copies in France)... but I would also like to see additional. I have a copy of the Maciejowski Bible and am looking for other images. Suggestions?

Another set of images of the "A" manuscript has been recently published (this year), but I haven't been able to obtain a copy as yet. It is from a copy at the Vatican.

What other sources of manuscript images do we have for southern France?

Beth

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:03:31 -0600 (CST)
From: "Pixel, Goddess and Queen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Unmarried maidens in the Maciejowski Bible wear fillets and their hair
down--I can't at the moment bring any other examples to mind without
the library being to hand, though. I *would*, however, like to see more
manuscripts from the same time and similar places to compare before I feel
comfortable declaring this an actual historical representation of a
garment. Otherwise, the only assumption we can make is that this garment
is what the illuminator(s) of this particular manuscript thought that
Castelloza would have worn. And we won't even go into the Spanish
weirdness, which is an entire 'nother topic all on its own. :-)

Jen