In a message dated 11/21/2008 7:27:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Costume  in Detail: 1730-1930 by Nancy Bradfield

B&W  line drawings and notes. Accurate, but still drawings, not patterns
or  construction diagrams. There are some measurements such as sleeve
length  or depth of a cuff, but not something I could reproduce an outfit
from.

Sorry I missed the original post.  While I agree with the above  assessment,
I think "Costume in Detail" is a MUST HAVE for anyone who is halfway  serious
into study of garments of this period.  They provide so many  details on the
interior construction, plus line drawings of sources that you can  then track
down elsewhere.

Ann Wass