yes...but the acid in it also tende to weaken hair shaft nd so moisturising and
strignthening with something like an egg and oil poltice....( mayonaise) was
needed to keep a lot of the hair from becomming unatrctively like straw...not
just straw colored....
I believe Florentine women, especially the courtesannes, were famous for their
long flowing golden locks ,along with their pale skins. this was accomplished
by roof top( the roofs were falt with stairways leading to them so they could
be sued for cool evenng desert parties but also for mid day sunbathing)
sunbaths , fully chemised in veiled sun hat with whole in the crown where the
hair was pulled through to the the maximu sun. the white veiling mad a sort of
make shif tent to protcet the complection .there are all sorts of pictures and
woodcuts to this effect.
also salt and lemon juice were used as a saitn remover and scrub for spot
treting linen and it does work on wool if you dont mind creating just a
different sort of spot , now lighter instead. the spot was treated with a paste
of the 2 and then set in the sun..I have tried in on redwine stains on fine
linen(demonstrating at DullyHistoric site in Dulles VA) and found it to be
effective though time  consuming, changing out the salt and rewetting it to put
it back in the sun repeatedly until the stain faded. Also went home and tried
in aon a wool crpet after a interesting  prty.....same result but took out some
of the dies as well.

Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL

I am made for great things by GOD

and walk with Pride!!!!