In a message dated 1/23/2009 3:46:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lotsofteap...@charter.net writes:

I am  making Vogue 7488, view C, which is a men's formal vest to wear with a
tux.  The notions list "one cummerbund assembly (two sliders and one
buckle)".  Can anyone tell me what those might be, and where I could  find
them?

***************

View C...not B?

View C has a waistcoat with a full back. I imagine you'll only need  one
buckle for the back of the waistcoat, which usually has 2  narrow straps of the
back lining fabric attached at each side seam at  the waist level and running
across the back waist, closing with a buckle of  some kind so it is adjustable.
It's to synch in the waist tight. There are  typical small buckles with
tongues....for which you must put eyelets on the  opposite strap, or a slider
type
buckle that does not require eyelets. These are  usually on the notion wall
with the buttons. If you cannot find a buckle, two  small D (or O) rings will
work (Both on one strap....the opposite  strap goes thru both rings and then
back
thru one) or you can make  2 or 3  inch wide straps a couple of inches
shorter than the back waist  measurement of the lining, with 2 or 3 eyelets or
small
button  holes down each end and lace them together with some sort  of tie (
ribbon, leather thong, short shoe lace) in CB back to synch  in the waist.

View B looks like it requires a buckle for the neck and one or two for the
waist...since it has no full back.
steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/prom
oclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De
cemailfooterNO62)