From: "Suzi Clarke" <s...@suziclarke.co.uk>
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:55:46 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [h-cost] What's your dressmaker's dummy wearing?

1770's stays, pocket hoops made of striped ticking, calico petticoat,
and yards or ready made quilted silk that I am trying to wrastle into
a quilted petticoat, without it adding 6" to the waist measurement.
The only way it makes sense is to take a ginormous dart from waist to
hem - not authentic, but then neither is ready made quilting!

Suzi