Chimene & Gerek,

My thanks to you both for finding the elusive painting. At least now I can make
sleeves like that, and have a good model to work from.

But I still say this is not a Holbein, tho if it is "after Holbein", then it
may have been done by a student of Holbein's.

I am beginning to think this may be a French woman or Mary QoS, but not Queen
Mary I of England. Too many images of her, as Princess and as Queen wearing the
Henrician styles. The face isn't even the same.
http://www.kimiko1.com/research-16th/FrenchHood/1540/PrncMary.html
http://www.kimiko1.com/research-16th/FrenchHood/1550/QueenMaryTudorMor1554.html

Kimiko