Definitely NOT 1914-1916.

I once did a show during WWI (took place in England) and those years are
actually kinda hard to pin down. The hobble skirt (think "My Fair Lady") is  on
the way out but the 1920's are not here yet...but showing a bit. I learned
things still have a strict...sometimes boned....understructure but basically
things are draped on this structure to look completely Unstructured. There are
rarely darts to fit things but tucks and pleats (that release) are everywhere
to  give things a kinda unfitted shape. The narrow skirt of the earlier times
is  sometimes there, but also a wider, almost A line skirt is present...and at
a  slightly higher than ankle length. Blouses and skirts are all the
rage....as are  "military" details on suits and coats, like pleated patch
pockets, big
buttons everywhere and even epaulettes on the shoulder.

Of the patterns suggested by "penhalion"

http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/19gapadrbyfo.html
http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/hiofhi19shco.html
_http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/seandse19kid.html_
(http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/seandse19kid.html)

are the best (notice the fullness of the skirts)

_http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/jacateadrbyf.html_
(http://www.lostcoasthistpatterns.com/jacateadrbyf.html)

looks too early.

steps!