Despite the fact of its popularity, despite the 'tourists,' I have to admit I love Mood. I've never gone in there without finding something delightful, which I can't say about some of the other places in the area. It's mainly because Mood seems to carry more than the usual amount of natural fibre fabrics. Sometimes you have to ask for help finding specific items.

I'm a $5/yd kind of person who likes to buy things on sale when I find them and then figure out how to use them. But the prices at Mood are not totally outrageous. For example, a fine silk taffeta was the same price there as it was at Denver Fabrics online ($14/yd), and I nabbed a beautiful semi-sheer cotton/silk blend there last year for $8/yd. That was something I had been looking for in vain on online sites. The wools are plentiful and, while not usually $5/yd at least you know when you buy a worsted twill there you can see what quality you are getting. (As you can tell I've been burned online by the "we say it's a worsted wool twill but we really meant it's a cheapo tricotine.")

- Hope

Robin Betzhold wrote:
 Same thing with Mood fabrics, well worth seeing
but expensive.