Later when I looked at it again, I saw that it was something like a shawl
wrapped around under the arms. DOn't know why it's be that way on a noble lady.
But I understand what they might be.
As for the difference of color, do you think she is wearing just the kirtle and
no fancy overdress?

Sincerely, Rebecca Rautine