The gold skirt is part of the gown--see the matching bodice.

The green is an apron.  This doesn't seem to be a purely functional boring old
apron, which is only decorated by spills.
It is decorated with a strip of trimming down the center front and along the
bottom hem.  The base of the apron is further trimmed with fringe or tufting.
Check out the portfolio of images including a better copy of the Fruit Seller
at Festive Attyre:
<http://www.festiveattyre.com/research/wkclass/portfolio.html>, which has more
images by the same artist, including some side and back views.

Ann in CT